Saturday Stitches is our sewing program for total beginners ages 8-12, that runs for 6 weeks.
No previous experience or machine required.
If you've already taken this program you can choose new projects to keep challenging yourself or transfer into Make Club on Tuesday afternoons.
The cost is per 6 week session, including most materials.
- Introduction / review of the sewing machine
- Sewing machine and cutting safety
- Choosing fabrics
- Create a patchwork pillow, tote or fabric box
- Introduction to threading and making bobbins
- Review of the sewing machine
- Design and sew a tote bag or fabric box
- Basics review and practice
- Introduction to applique
- Introduction to working with zippers
- Design and create a zippered pouch
- Share 3 things that you remember about sewing
- Time for finishing any incomplete projects
- Planning your final project for weeks 5-6!
- Choose your own adventure - Take everything you've learned over the last few weeks and apply them to a bigger project of your choice! We have patterns, books and samples galore to inspire you!
Skill requirements: Saturday Stitches is geared towards beginner sewers ages 8-12
Material requirements: All materials are provided, however if your maker would like to bring along any of their own supplies, you are most welcome. We offer a 20% student discount on all your supplies or tools purchased for home use during the course of this program.
Equipment requirements: We highly encourage your child to bring their own sewing machine, however if they don't own a machine, one will be provided for them. If they like to bring their home machine, please remember to bring the manual (and foot pedal/power cord).
Group size: Maximum 5
Snacks & Refreshments: We encourage you to send snacks and refreshments as it’s much easier to be creative when you have fuel for the brain!