Fill your wardrobe with classic Breton tops, cosy knit dresses and sixties-style funnel necks - all from the same pattern and no overlocker or serger required! Choose from top or dress length, boat neckline or funnel roll neck, long or three-quarter sleeves with optional rolled cuffs and patch pockets.
This easy-to-use sewing pattern will take you through the steps to making the Coco top or dress, with jargon-busting instructions and photos showing you how to sew each part.
PRINTED PATTERN - This gorgeous printed package contains full-scale pattern sheets and a colour photo booklet to guide you through the steps.
SKILL LEVEL - Confident beginners
BONUS TUTORIALS - Follow the detailed Coco sew-a-long on the Tilly and the Buttons blog for extra guidance and design variations.
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS - Medium weight knit fabric with very little stretch. Look out for interlock knit, double knit, ponte di roma, or feel the fabric to check it’s not too fine or stretchy.
- Dress with funnel neck + cuffs - 2.3m x 150cm wide (2 1/2 yards x 60in) OR 3m x 115cm wide (3 1/4 yards x 45in)
- Plain dress - 2m (2¼ yards) x 150cm (60in) wide OR 2.7m (3 yards) x 115cm (45in) wide
- Top with funnel neck + cuffs – 1.8m (2 yards) x 150cm (60in) wide OR 2.7m (3 yards) x 115cm (45in) wide
- Plain top – 1.5m (1¾ yards) x 150cm (60in) wide OR 2.2m (2½ yards) x 115cm (45in) wide
- Matching thread
- Ribbon or stay tape - 30cm (12in) x 6-8mm (1/4in) wide
- Stretch or ballpoint needle for your sewing machine
- Sewing machine and basic tools (a rotary cutter and mat are useful)