Learn the basics of putting together this unique and fun pouf for your house or as gift for someone. This class is a great way to use up your scraps from other projects!
This class is focused on teaching techniques to help you figure out how to utilize up different woven scrap fabric for not just the outside but also the inside without using polyfill.
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner
A Beginner Boot Camp (Garment, Home Sewing or Quilting), Learn to Sew: Cushion Cover, Sew a Tote bag, Bunting Workshop OR basic sewing experience such as knowing how to thread and use a sewing machine, wind a bobbin, construct simple seams, and be familiar with sewing terminology such as "right sides of fabric together" and "seam allowance."
Must be aged 16+.
In this workshop you will learn:
- How to prepare your scrap fabric for cutting
- Basics on scrap piecing to best utlize your fabric
- Basics of piping
- How to sew straight fabric into round cut fabric
- How to insert a zipper
- Scrap fabric pieces that are .25 -.75m each for a 10.5" x 2-.5" pouf (use a sturdy, medium to heavyweight fabric; you can use lighter weight fabric, we will show you how to interface them)
- A much as you have of very small unusable scrap fabric and old scrap thread (for inside) - We will also supply some of this too!!
- 1 x 22" zipper (we used an invisible zipper but a regular one is fine too
- 2 spool of coordinating polyester thread
- Fabric for piping (optional)
- Piping cord (optional)
Below is the link to the Closet Core Pouf pattern:
**You will need to sign up to access their free pattern library, if you have not already!
Equipment requirements: We highly encourage you to bring your own sewing machine, however if you don't own a machine, one will be provided for you. If you’d like to bring your home machine, please remember to bring the manual (and foot pedal/power cord) and arrive 10 minutes prior to the scheduled time.
Group size: Maximum 6 guests to keep our classes cozy and fun!