Come join us to create your own bomber jacket using the Charlie jacket pattern by Jalie! This class will show you how to make a classic bomber in a new way, blending knits with wovens, to create a structured yet comfortable jacket. You can make this jacket for yourself, a loved one or a friend.
Skill Level: Intermediate
- Advanced Beginner classes plus several completed items.
- Experience successfully completing several sewing projects. This class will not cover basic sewing machine operations such as threading a needle, switching needles, how to adjust stitch length, locking stitches, reverse stitching, pivoting corners, winding bobbins etc. Students should be capable of performing these procedures without assistance.
- For apparel making classes: you must have familiarity with using a sewing pattern, measuring oneself and picking a size.
- Have sewn knit fabric before, or taken at least our Leggings class before.
Must be aged 16+
In this workshop you will learn:
- How to sew knits and wovens together
- How to successful insert a jacket zipper
- Proper measuremennts for fit
- Pattern adjustments for a proper fit
- Seam finishing specific for blending knits with woven
You will need to purchase the following: Pattern (see below), woven fabric, 2-way stretch sweater knit, thread and any other notions noted on the pattern. (**These items will need to be purchased well in advance of the class)
This jacket has many fabric options to create a unique jacket to your liking that does not have to be specific to the pattern or blending wovens and knits together. You are more than welcome to call or come by the shop to discuss your fabric options for this pattern.
We offer a 20% student discount on all your supplies for this workshop! You will be sent a code to use online once you've registered for your class!
Equipment requirements: We highly encourage you to bring your own sewing machine, however if you don't own a machine, one will be provided for you. If you’d like to bring your home machine, please remember to bring the manual (and foot pedal/power cord) and arrive 10 minutes prior to the scheduled time.
Group size: Maximum 5 guests to keep our classes cozy and fun!