- Create your own custom bralette using the Pin-up Girls Sweet Sixteen Bralette pattern! Don’t sacrifice comfort for fashion when you can have both in a wire-free supportive bra. This class is a great introduction to the world of sewing lingerie!
Skill Level: Intermediate
- Advanced Beginner classes plus several completed items.
- Experience successfully completing several sewing projects. This class will not cover basic sewing machine operations such as threading a needle, switching needles, how to adjust stitch length, locking stitches, reverse stitching, pivoting corners, winding bobbins etc. Students should be capable of performing these procedures without assistance.
- For apparel making classes: you must have familiarity with using a sewing pattern, measuring oneself and picking a size.
- *Sew A Bralette: Making Underwear class or experience making underwear
Nothing beats the ease and elegance of a bralette, which is not only comfortable and pretty, but easy to sew. In this class we will use the Sweet Sixteen Bralette pattern as our template. Choose from one of several style variations: a longline, all lace, or combination fabric and lace bralette, and between a pull-over bralette or bralette with hook and eye closure.
At the beginning of this class you will have a chance to try on fit samples to ensure that best result possible.
Students will learn step-by-step how to make the bralette. We will cover everything you need to know to make a professional looking undergarment using ONLY a sewing machine!!! Here's what we'll cover:
- Choosing the correct size through a hands-on fitting process
- Getting to know the basics of lingerie notions, fabrics, and supplies.
- Elastic application and what stitches to use
- Sewing adjustable lingerie straps
- Attaching a hook and eye closure (if you choose this view).
- Construction and finishing techniques to get a professional looking result
*** Please note: This is a bra sewing class. It will provide a good starting point for you to make bras for yourself, but please note that as with any sewing pattern, you may need additional alterations to achieve a perfect fit for future bras. We will take you as far as we can with those alterations inside of this course. ***
Workshop fee includes:
- 6 hours of instruction time (some homework may be required).
- Opportunity to try fit samples before cutting your pattern which will help to achieve the best possible fit for your first bralette.
The use of our class sewing machines and tools - though we strongly recommend bringing your own machine.
Opportunity to purchase more supplies and kits to make future bras discounted by 20% (before & during the workshop).
- Copy of the Sweet Sixteen Bralette Pattern
- Bralette Findings Kit
- .5m Duoplex
- .5m Power Net
- .5m Cut + Sew Foam (optional)
- .5m Jersey Knit Fabric (optional)
- Lace (optional - available in-store)
There are many different ways that you can make this bra so please feel free to reach out in advance to chat about your project! You can pick up your fabrics just before the workshop if you prefer - please arrive 15-20 minutes early so that you have time to make important decisions!
We offer a 20% student discount on all your supplies for this workshop! You will be sent a code to use online once you've registered for your class!
Equipment requirements: We highly encourage you to bring your own sewing machine, however if you don't own a machine, one will be provided for you. If you’d like to bring your home machine, please remember to bring the manual (and foot pedal/power cord) and arrive 10 minutes prior to the scheduled time.
Group size: Maximum 5 guests to keep our classes cozy and fun!