Welcome to our third Make of The Month (MOTM) Club class! Every month we will be inviting community members like you to sew a specific project. At the end of the month, you can send us photos of your make and be entered into a draw to win a fabulous prize. How fun is that? (For more info about the MOTM Club, click here).
For our third project, we are making the Triangle Peaks Quilt by Quilty Love! Come make this cute and simple quilt with us! This is a 4-week advanced beginner sewing course that will help you build on your basic quilting skills and elevate them to the next level. This quilt pattern is just the perfect quilt to help you use some beautiful new fabrics that caught your eye or use up your scraps from other projects and keep you going on your quilt sewing journey!
If you take this class, you will get a whopping 25% off of your fabric and notions for the Triangle Peaks Quilt! (During the course of the class, you will get the regular 20% off any other supplies). To get the 25% off discount code to buy your supplies on-line, sign up for the class, then contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 236-475-8549!
Skill Level: Advanced beginner
A couple of our 'Learn to Sew' classes, 'Home Sewing Boot Camp' OR basic sewing experience (knowing how to thread and use a sewing machine, wind a bobbin, construct simple seams, and be familiar with sewing terminology such as "right sides of fabric together" and "seam allowance").
Must be aged 16+
In this workshop you will learn:
- New sewing vocabulary
- Piecing techniques
- Proper pressing practices
- Tips and tricks for nesting seams
- Batting application
- Quilting techniques
- Applying binding
What We Provide:
- Equipment: sewing machines and all tools
What You Provide:
- Fat quarters or scraps from your stash that are big enough to cut the main triangle pieces according to the size you of quilt you want to make (see pattern for fabric requirements)
- Quilting cotton for backing, background and binding
- Sewing machine (optional): we highly encourage you to bring your own sewing machine, if they have one. If you do, bring a walking foot for the week we do the quilting. Don't forget to pack the manual, foot pedal & power cord!
Group size: Maximum 6 students