Sew your own overalls for a casual everyday look that’s bang on trend. The Mila overalls are slim fitting on the hips and legs, with stylish side button openings and essential pockets on the front bib and booty (Want more pockets? Download the bonus hip patch pocket pattern from Tilly and the Buttons for free!) Make them in a woven fabric with a touch of stretch for comfort and fit.
Cute, practical and great for all seasons, wear your Mila overalls with a t-shirt, button-down shirt or roll neck sweater.
This easy-to-use sewing pattern will take you through the steps to making the Mila overalls, with jargon-busting instructions and photos showing you how to sew each part.
PRINTED PATTERN - This gorgeous printed package contains full-scale pattern sheets and a colour instruction booklet.
SKILL LEVEL - Confident beginners
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS - Medium weight stretch denim, needlecord or woven cotton with at least 2% lycra or spandex.
- Fabric – 2m (2¼ yards) x 150cm (60in) wide OR 2.8m (3 yards) x 115cm (45in) wide
- 0.4m (3/8 yards) iron-on interfacing (similar weight to your fabric)
- Matching thread
- 2 x 30-35mm (1 1/4 - 1 1/2in) wide overall buckles (or 2 x buttons)
- 6 x 15mm (5/8in) buttons
- Optional: Contrast colour topstitch thread and topstitch/embroidery needle
- Sewing machine and basic tools