Welcome to our very first Make of The Month Club class! Every month we will be inviting community members like you to sew a specific project. At the end of the month, you can send us photos of your make and be entered into a draw to win a fabulous prize. How fun is that? (For more info about the MOTM Club, click here.
For our first project, we are making the Studio Tunic by Sew Liberated! Come make this functional yet fashionable Studio Tunic with us! This is a 3 week advanced beginner sewing course that will help you build on your basic skills and elevate them to the next level. This simple garment is just the perfect piece to help you feel 'liberated' to make more garments in your sewing journey!
(If at the end of the 3 weeks, you need more time to complete your project, you can sign up for our MOTM Sewcial to sew with community members to complete it!)
Special discounts are being offered for MOTM!
- Your pattern is included in the cost of this class!
- If you take this class, you will get 25% off of your fabric and notions for the MOTM project!
If you want to use the 25% off discount code to purchase your supplies on-line, sign up for the class, then contact firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 236-475-8549!
(Please note: if you purchase anything else from us during the three weeks of class that is not related to your MOTM project, you will get our regular 20% student discount).
Skill Level: Advanced beginner
**Taking the class is perfect, if you feel you are not ready for Garment Sewing Boot Camp.
A couple of our 'Learn to Sew' classes, 'Home Sewing Boot Camp' OR basic sewing experience (knowing how to thread and use a sewing machine, wind a bobbin, construct simple seams, and be familiar with sewing terminology such as "right sides of fabric together" and "seam allowance").
Must be aged 16+
In this workshop you will learn:
- New sewing vocabulary
- Basic garment fabric knowledge
- How to read and work with garment patterns
- Proper body measurements
- Marking & sewing darts
- Seam finishing
- Applying facings/bindings
Week 1– Taking body measurements, pattern prep, cutting and marking
Week 2- Prep garment for construction and start sewing garment
Week 3– Garment construction and finishing
What We Provide:
- Equipment: sewing machines and all tools
What You Provide:
- Fabric recommendations: Cotton linen canvas, cotton linen twill, cotton crepe, Hemp/Organic cotton denim, Linen, Linen/Lyocell Blend
- Fabric length needed: 45" (114cm) wide fabric = 2.5m -3m (Too narrow for sizes 30-34, 54" (137cm) wide fabric = 2m - 2.5m
- Sewing machine (optional): we highly encourage you to bring your own sewing machine, if they have one. Don't forget to pack the manual, foot pedal & power cord!
Group size: Maximum 6 students