Gift your loved one (or pet) a handmade stocking!
Learn the basics of operating a sewing machine in this 3 hour introductory workshop. Leave the workshop having sewn a gorgeous fun stocking!
Whether you’ve never touched a sewing machine before or need a refresher after a long break, this workshop can help get you going!
In this workshop you will learn:
- Basic sewing vocabulary
- Helpful tools you’ll need to sew at home
- Sewing machine parts and functions
- How to wind a bobbin and thread the machine
- How to sew in a straight line and pivot around corners
- How to sew in reverse
- Learn to sew curves and points
- You’ll make a stocking
Skill Level: Beginner
There are no prerequisites for this class; no sewing experience is necessary. These classes are for brand new sewers who have no sewing machine experience or for those who have not sewn in a long time.
- .75 meter (or 2 fat quarters) of medium weight quilting cotton or cotton linen canvas fabric (main)
- A coordinating fabric for top of your stocking (.25 meter)
- 1 spool of coordinating polyester thread
- We'll provide all the trimmings including felt for applique and ribbon for the loop to hang your stocking.
We offer a 20% student discount on all your supplies for this workshop! You will be sent a code to use online in a reminder email that you will receive before the class starts!
Equipment requirements: We highly encourage you to bring your own sewing machine, however if you don't own a machine, one will be provided for you. If you’d like to bring your home machine, please remember to bring the manual (and foot pedal/power cord) and arrive 10 minutes prior to the scheduled time.
Group size: We like to keep our workshops cozy and fun, so attendance is limited to 6 guests.