This new, revamped 4-week course is for sewists who want to make their first pair of pants! You choose the pants pattern and we will help you fit and sew!
This class focuses on building your skills in sewing by learning how to make a simple pair of pants with the added skill of basic fitting techniques.
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner - Intermediate
(NOT FOR BEGINNERS)
- Advanced Beginner classes plus several completed items.
- Experience successfully completing several sewing projects. This class will not cover basic sewing machine operations such as threading a needle, switching needles, how to adjust stitch length, locking stitches, reverse stitching, pivoting corners, winding bobbins etc. Students should be capable of performing these procedures without assistance.
- For apparel making classes: you must have familiarity with using a sewing pattern, measuring oneself and picking a size.
Required to have taken, Garment Sewing Boot Camp or equivalent, PLUS have sewn at least 3 garments from patterns.
In this workshop you will learn:
- How to choose your size
- How to understand pants patterns
- Learning sewing techniques that are specific to pant making
- Learn 'Fit as You Sew' techniques
- Different types of waistbands and facings
- Hemming and finishing techniques
- Proper pocket insertion
What we provide:
- Equipment: sewing machines and all tools
- Tracing Paper (If you want to use tracing cloth, you will need to purchase that
What you provide:
- Simple pants pattern. We have a number of these available including: Jalie's Denyseor Vanessa pant, Cashermette's Calder Pant, Closet Core's Pietra pants and Carolyn pyjama pants, Thread Theory's Eastwood Pajamas, Sew Liberated's Arenite pants, Tilly and the Button's Esti Co-ord pants and Jaimie pyjama pants.
- Appropriate fabric for you pant pattern
- Coordinating thread
- Other notions the pattern mentions
- Sewing machine (optional): we highly encourage your teen to bring their own sewing machine, if they have one. Don't forget to pack the manual, foot pedal & power cord!
We offer a 20% student discount on all your supplies for this workshop! You will be sent a code to use online once you've registered for your class!
Group size: Maximum 6 guests to keep our classes cozy and fun!