Update - this is now a 3 week course!
Do you have a favourite garment that fits you so perfectly that you wish you could recreate? It's not as hard as you think - even if you haven't made patterns before. This three-part workshop will show you the ropes!
Please read our Covid-19 Safety Measures before booking.
- Learn to copy the shape of your garment
- Transfer seam lines, grainline, darts, gathers, tucks and any other design details to your pattern
- How to add seam allowances and notches for construction
- Truing your pattern pieces
- Test your pattern by creating a mock up
- Because of the limited time frame, we recommend you bring something that is not too complicated. If in doubt, you could bring more than one garment and get advice from your instructor or come by the shop in advance to show us in person.
There may be some homework between weeks, depending on the complexity of your garment.
- Tracing paper/roll of paper for pattern pieces
- Test fabric - Please bring a length of calico/muslin or other inexpensive material as close as possible in weight and drape to the fabric you intend to use for your final garment. (Eg. If your final garment will be made in cotton lawn a bed sheet or lightweight poly/cotton will do fine. If it will be made in heavy denim or wool, calico or canvas is best).
Maximum of 4 students so you will receive plenty of 1-1 instruction.
Prerequisite: Previous experience sewing clothing from patterns