A popular pattern, Cleo is easy to make and oh so comfortable to wear. Make it overall-style with buckles or as a pinafore with buttons, with mini- or knee-length hem, optional centre-front split, choice of patch pockets and contrast topstitching. Wear Cleo year-round, over a Breton top in the summer or with a roll neck and snuggly tights in winter. Flattering on different shapes, once you try it, you'll wonder how you lived without a dungaree dress!
This easy-to-use sewing pattern will take you through the steps to making the Cleo overall dress, with jargon-busting instructions and photos showing you how to sew each part.
PRINTED PATTERN - This gorgeous printed package contains full-scale pattern sheets and a colour instruction booklet.
SKILL LEVEL - Beginners
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS - Heavy or medium weight woven fabrics that hold their shape, such as denim, corduroy, cotton drill, gabardine, canvas, wool.
- Fabric – Mini length - 1.2m (1¼ yards) x 150cm (60in) wide OR 1.8m (2 yards) x 115cm (45in) wide
Knee length - 1.3m (1 3/8 yards) x 150cm (60in) wide OR 1.9m (2 1/8 yards) x 115cm (45in) wide
- Matching thread
- 0.4m (3/8 yards) iron-on interfacing (similar weight to your fabric)
- 2 x 30-35mm (1 1/4 - 1 1/2in) wide overall buckles OR 2 x 15-20mm (5/8-3/4in) buttons and buttonhole foot for your sewing machine
- Optional: Contrast colour topstitch thread and topstitch/embroidery needle
- Sewing machine and basic tools