Create your own bra using the Pin-up Girls Classic Bra pattern during this four week course! This class is a great introduction to the world of sewing lingerie!
Skill Level: Advanced
- Intermediate Sewing or equivalent +
- A confident sewer who has made many garments, is comfortable with using trickier fabrics, and has some experience with fitting and minor alterations to patterns.
- Experience successfully completing many sewing projects. This class will not cover basic sewing machine operation such as threading a needle, switching needles, how to adjust stitch length, locking stitches, reverse stitching, pivoting corners, winding bobbins etc. Students should be capable of performing these procedures without assistance.
- Experience sewing with knits, applying elastics, making underwear and bralettes
- Must be aged 16+.
The Classic Full Band Bra Pattern is a beautifully fitting bra from the Pin-up Girls by Bra Makers Supply. This classic full band bra can be made with or without underwires and has great lift and support. It has been specially designed to use with Duoplex, and other low-stretch fabrics; which give the best support and a flattering profile.
Students will learn step-by-step how to make the bra. We will cover everything you need to know to make a professional looking undergarment using ONLY a sewing machine! Skills include:
- Choosing the correct size through a hands-on fitting process
- Getting to know the basics of lingerie notions, fabrics, and supplies.
- Elastic application
- Construction techniques
- Sewing adjustable straps
- Attaching a hook and eye closure
- Finishing techniques to get a professional looking result
Workshop fee includes:
- 12 hours of instruction time (some homework may be required)
- Opportunity to try fit samples BEFORE the course begins to help achieve the best possible fit for your first bra (we will reach out to arrange a time that works)
- Sample pack of bra-making materials for practicing
The use of our class sewing machines and tools - though we strongly recommend bringing your own machine.
Opportunity to purchase supplies and kits to make future bras discounted by 20% (before & during the workshop).
Please note that the first bra you make is not likely to be the "perfect fit". This course is your stepping stone into the world of bra-making and we strongly encourage you to make another right after the course finishes using the fit feedback from the workshop!
- Classic Bra Pattern
- Bra Kit
- Spool of coordinating quality polyester thread
- Underwires (you can get these during week 3/4 as we'll need to try a couple sizes!
We offer a 20% student discount on all your supplies for this workshop! You will be sent a code to use online once you've registered for your class!
Equipment requirements: We highly encourage you to bring your own sewing machine, however if you don't own a machine, one will be provided for you. If you’d like to bring your home machine, please remember to bring the manual (and foot pedal/power cord) and arrive 10 minutes prior to the scheduled time.
Group size: Maximum 5 guests to keep our classes cozy and fun!