We sincerely thank you for all of your support over the last year. While it is not quite “business as usual” we look forward to seeing you and helping you with your next sewing or quilting project!
Our shop has been rearranged to provide more space for both our staff and beloved customers. There are some important things you need to know before you visit, so please read on…
Small workshops and private lessons continue to run in our studio with physical distancing and intensive cleaning measures in place. No more than 2 customers are allowed in the shop at a time and no more than 4 adults / 5 kids in a group sewing class. We ask students to bring their own pins, scissors and sewing machine (where possible). Shoppers are not allowed in the studio at this time.
The Makehouse is committed to providing a safe work environment for our employees and we ask for your cooperation in maintaining this!
- Masks are mandatory at The Makehouse . If you cannot wear a mask, we would be happy to help you via our website, phone or email.
- Our doors are kept locked. Please knock loudly to be let inside!
- Please shop alone whenever possible. Capacity restrictions are in place. Please dress warmly and be prepared to wait outside.
- One of our team will sanitize your hands on the way into our store.
- No food or drink in the store, please.
- Whenever possible, please choose online shopping. Curbside pickup, local delivery, and shipping are always available.
- Stay home if you are feeling unwell or have recently travelled. If you are displaying symptoms of COVID-19 you will be asked to leave.
- We have no public restrooms.
We are commitment to keep you safe during your visit by practicing the following safety measures.
- All our staff wear masks, wash their hands, and sanitize often.
- Frequent cleaning measures are in place.
- Plexiglass barriers are in place at the cash
- Staff will be practicing social distancing.
- Small class sizes with lots of space between work stations.
- Our staff are committed to following the safety guidelines put in place by the governments of British Columbia and Canada, including the restrictions on gatherings and remaining at home if they are feeling unwell.
Tuesdays to Saturdays - 10am - 5pm
Sundays - 12pm - 5pm
Mondays - CLOSED
Changes to local pick up:
Orders can now be picked up any time during our retail hours of operation.
- When you arrive, please call us at 778-430-6253 to let us know that you have arrived.
- You can either come to the door or we an bring your order our to your car!
- If you want to also do an in-store visit, please feel free to line up and request your local pick up once you have been invited in to the shop.