We sincerely thank you for all of your support since the beginning of Covid-19. While it is not quite “business as usual” we look forward to seeing you and helping you with your next sewing or quilting project!
Our shop has been rearranged to provide more space for both our staff and beloved customers. There are some important things you need to know before you visit, so please read on…
Small workshops and private lessons continue to run in our studio with physical distancing and cleaning measures in place. No more than 5 adults / 7 kids in a group sewing class. We ask students to bring their own pins, scissors and sewing machine (where possible). Shoppers are not allowed in the studio during classes at this time.
The Makehouse is committed to providing a safe work environment for our employees and we ask for your cooperation in maintaining this!
- Masks are mandatory at The Makehouse . If you cannot wear a mask, we would be happy to help you via our website, phone or email.
- Our doors are kept locked. Please knock loudly to be let inside!
- One of our team will sanitize your hands on the way into our store.
- No food or drink in the store, please. (It's ok to bring to classes though!)
- Curbside pickup, local delivery, and shipping are always available.
- Stay home if you are feeling unwell or have recently travelled out of the province.
- If anyone in the shop or studio displays symptoms of COVID-19 they will be politely asked to leave.
- We have no public restrooms.
We are committed to keep you safe during your visit by practicing the following safety measures.
- All our staff wear masks, wash their hands, and sanitize often.
- Frequent cleaning measures are in place.
- Plexiglass barriers are in place at the cash
- Staff will be practicing social distancing where possible
- Small class sizes with lots of space between work stations.
- Our staff are committed to following the safety guidelines put in place by the governments of British Columbia and Canada, including the restrictions on gatherings and remaining at home if they are feeling unwell.
Tuesdays to Saturdays - 10am - 5pm
Sundays - 12pm - 5pm
Mondays - CLOSED
Our sense of humour remains in tact. The sew must go on!