Are you looking for a fun and lively introduction to quilt making? Let us guide you through the steps while you create a baby quilt with your choice of fabrics. You can choose a patch pattern or create your own!
Skill Level: Advanced beginner
Couple of our 'Learn to Sew' series classes, Home Sewing Boot Camp (All under Beginner Sewing Workshops) OR basic sewing experience such as knowing how to thread and use a sewing machine, wind a bobbin, construct simple seams, and be familiar with sewing terminology such as "right sides of fabric together" and "seam allowance."
Must be aged 16+
Prerequisite: Basic sewing machine experience required
- Reading patterns and choosing fabric
- Colour theory and fabric selection
- Safe rotary cutting techniques
- Piecing to create square quilt blocks
- Pressing tips and technique
- Proper use of hardware (needles + machine feet
- Quilt assembly
- Binding and quilt labels
- .5 m background print (Large squares)
- 4-8 X 1/4m OR one packages of 5"X5" precut squares (charm packs) - for contrasting four patch blocks (small squares) - if you have a stash at home, you can use as many patterns as you'd like - you'll need a total of 2m
- 1 m of backing fabric
- 1/2 m for binding
- 60" X 60" (throw size) cotton batting
We offer a 20% student discount on all your supplies for this workshop! You will be sent a code to use online once you've registered for your class!
Equipment requirements: We highly encourage you to bring your own sewing machine, however if you don't own a machine, one will be provided for you. If you’d like to bring your home machine, please remember to bring the manual (and foot pedal/power cord) and arrive 10 minutes prior to the scheduled time.
Group size: Maximum 5 guests to keep our classes cozy and fun!