This class will cover some essential tailoring techniques that will help you achieve a better fit. Sometimes it’s hard to know what is possible and what simply can’t be done to a garment.
In this workshop you will learn:
- Basic tailoring vocabulary
- Tips according to what fabrics you are working with
- Tips for unpicking seams
- Helpful tools you’ll need to tailor at home
- Taking in & letting out
- Pin and transfer markings
- Altering shoulders & armholes
- Pant tapering – learn how to pin and alter the cut of your pants
Skill requirements: You must have sewing machine sewing experience to take part in this workshop.
Material requirements: This workshop is a mix of demonstration and hands-on practice. We welcome you to bring in garments from your own wardrobe that you would like advice on.
Equipment requirements: Please note that we provide a sewing machine for you to use in the studio, but you are more than welcome to bring your machine from home. If you’d like to bring your home machine, please remember to bring the manual (and foot pedal/power cord) and arrive 10 minutes prior to the scheduled time.
Group size: We like to keep our workshops cozy and fun, so attendance is limited to 6 guests.
Cost includes GST.