Have you ever wanted to learn how to sew your own cushions? This wonderful workshop will take you right through the basics.
In this workshop you will learn:
- Basic sewing vocabulary
- Helpful tools you’ll need to sew at home
- How to cut straight lines
- Sewing machine parts and functions
- How to wind a bobbin and thread the machine
- How to sew in a straight line and pivot around corners
- How to put in a regular zipper
- How to sew in reverse
- You’ll make a cushion cover
Skill requirements: No previous sewing experience required.
Material requirements: You will need to bring a cushion pad. You are welcome to bring fabrics to work with, but there will be fabrics here to chose from.
Equipment requirements: Please note that we provide a sewing machine for you to use in the studio, but you are more than welcome to bring your machine from home. If you’d like to bring your home machine, please remember to bring the manual (and foot pedal/power cord) and arrive 10 minutes prior to the scheduled time.
Group size: We like to keep our workshops cozy and fun, so attendance is limited to 6 guests.