Pattern Making: The Woven Pant Block
Instructor: Alexandra Morgan
This is an intermediate to advanced level workshop focusing on pattern drafting for pants. Some pattern drafting experience is recommended and previous experience sewing pants and other apparel items is required. Be prepared to do some basic math and draw precise lines using a ruler. Be sure to wear leggings to the first class for the measurement taking process.
- Personal Body Measurements
- Draft Calculations
- Drafting the Pant
- Refining the Draft: Checking, Truing and Balancing
- Pattern Measurements and Ease
- Cutting and Marking Demonstration
- Fitting and Pattern Adjustments
- Drafting Pencil (0.5mm or 0.7mm lead size)
- See-Thru Grid Ruler (if you don’t have one we can supply)
- Hip Curve
- Coloured Pencils: Red, Blue and Green
- Scotch Tape
- 1 package of 1” wide elastic
- Muslin for making a fit sample (1.5m of 60” wide fabric or 2.5m 45” wide fabric)
*Drafting paper will be supplied.
* A limited number of curves, rulers and other supplies are available for use during the workshop if you do not have your own. Please bring your own supplies if you have them.
* Student’s registered in this course will receive a 20% discount on materials and tools purchased at The Makehouse
* 12 hours total
Cost includes GST
Pant featured in the photo is the Ellen Pant by Alexandra’s pattern company In-House Patterns.