The Makehouse is looking to welcome a new part-time staff member to our team!
We are a one-of-a-kind sewing studio and retail store offering a diverse range of workshops for children and adults. We carry a range of sewing patterns, fabrics, books, notions and tools. We are a small team committed to carrying great products & delivering a wonderful customer service experience.
As a growing business we’re looking for an experienced & reliable Retail Sales Associate to join our team on a part-time basis. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following:
– Outgoing personality, positive attitude, great communication skills
– Retail sales experience
– Desire to deliver a strong customer experience that exceeds expectations
– Genuine interest in sewing and the products we carry
– Able to follow direction & work independently
– Well established, mature work ethic
– Able to work entire shift removed from personal social media, e.g. cell phone or Facebook
– Attention to detail & the ability to work efficiently under pressure
A background in sewing is essential for this position as you will be helping customers chose fabrics, patterns and notions for their projects. You will also be helping customers book workshops and private lessons.
Our amazing customers make up Victoria’s diverse sewing/textile community. Staff members must be friendly, knowledgeable and enjoy helping others. We aim to create a fun work environment, so a sense of humour is very important too!
APPROXIMATELY 20 HOURS PER WEEK (mainly evenings and weekends) – Additional hours are sometimes available.
Resume must be current with at least three previous employers listed.
Please apply in person or via email to email@example.com and let us know why The Makehouse needs you! Please visit our website (www.themakehouse.ca) and familiarize yourself with what we do before applying and be sure to include a cover letter.
Thank you in advance for your application. Due to time constraints, we will only contact you if we are interested in setting up an interview.