The Makehouse is looking to welcome a new part-time staff member to our team!
We are a one-of-a-kind sewing studio and retail store offering a diverse range of workshops for children and adults. We carry a range of sewing patterns, fabrics, books, notions and tools. We are a small team committed to carrying great products & delivering the best customer service.
As a growing business we’re looking for an experienced & reliable Retail Sales Associate to join our team on a part-time basis. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Outgoing personality, positive attitude, great communication skills
- Retail sales experience
- A desire to deliver a strong customer experience that exceeds expectations
- A genuine interest in sewing and the products we carry
- Excellent math skills and a good memory
- Able to follow direction & work independently
- Reliable and stable lifestyle
- Well established, mature work ethic
- Able to work entire shift removed from personal social media, e.g. cell phone or Facebook
- Attention to detail & the ability to work efficiently under pressure
A background in sewing is essential for this position as you will be helping customers chose fabrics, patterns and notions for their projects. Our amazing customers make up Victoria’s diverse sewing/textile community. Staff members must be friendly, knowledgeable and enjoy helping others.
APPROXIMATELY 20-25 HOURS PER WEEK (WED – SUN – DAYTIME HOURS)
Resume must be current with at least three previous employers listed.
Please apply in person or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know why The Makehouse needs you! Please visit our website (www.themakehouse.ca) and familiarize yourself with what we do before applying and be sure to include a cover letter.
Thank you in advance for your application. Due to time constraints, we will only contact you if we are interested in setting up an interview.